Sunday, February 12, 2017


Day one of my Spiritual Retreat

As I say good-bye to the outside digital world and most of my technology, I say hello to rest, relaxation, and my soul. I am disconnecting from the hustle and bustle, and even time itself, and reconnecting to my inner self, and higher power...



My day started with pancakes, I greeted one of my closest friends, Chris, and I really connected with him when he was here. I was aware that I was more present, and I could retain everything he said to me without having to ask for clarification. When he left, I had two clients show up (this was around noon). I had a fabulous reading with the two lovely ladies, and I was shocked at the number of names that came up during the reading. I could tell that my work was better due to this disconnection from technology.

After my clients had left, my mom (Joy) came with my brother (Forest) to pick me up and take me out to Hacienda for lunch. (I gave up almost all technology, including my car until 8:30pm on this first day of my cleanse). I ordered the original burrito combo with double rice (my healthy lifestyle, no cheese soup for me!) While I was eating I felt a peacefulness, I was free from being rushed or distracted, and I had no concept of time. I was totally at peace.

When we finished with Hacienda, we went to CVS so my brother could fill out his script, and we ran into my Aunt Gail! (Divine Timing). While visiting with my aunt, I also managed to entertain all of the staff and pharmacists with my flamboyant personality, it was very fun. My mom and I decided to check out an antique shop across the street while my brother waited for his script (Forest doesn't like going to new places). Unfortunately the antique shop was not open, so we looked around for another place to visit for the 20 min we would have been waiting at CVS. We spotted what looked to be a dance studio a few buildings down from the antique shop and so we decided to check and see if it was open, it was! When we went inside we were greeted by the owner, and a wonderful dance instructor! Long story short, we signed up for dance lessons together! $78 for 4 private lessons with me and my mom, I think that sounds like a good investment. My mom was already complaining we don't get to spend enough time together, and now we have a fun and exciting activity we can experience together!

We returned home and dropped my brother Forest off, and I still felt the peacefulness I had at lunch. I knew I was right where I was supposed to be in life. My mom and I decided to go to Kroger and do some shopping, and I felt so grounded and focused with my energy. I even remembered that my aunt's grocery list at my mom's house had said that she needed taco seasoning! I'm never this observant! Aside from purchasing groceries, I was aware of a gay couple at Kroger's in the frozen section, and they were an attractive gay couple at that! When I first saw them I felt a sadness because I had just been dumped yesterday by my man of interest, but as I watched how they interacted with each other while getting groceries, I felt a renewed hope that I would not be single for the rest of my life. It was a timely experience, because as I reflect on this, I believe I was not meant to be with my old man of interest. My energy is changing and coming back to me, and I need someone who can handle my energy. I think my energy is literally preparing me for what is next. When my mom and I went to check out our groceries, the computer crashed for a few seconds. (This happens when I have a lot of energy, I affect electronic devices). When we arrived back to my mom's, I noticed that I had two bottles of wine in my grocery bags that I didn't purchase! My energy is certainly manifesting things! The universe is providing and clearing a way for my path, I am so ready for day 2 of my spiritual retreat. Right now, I am on my way to do some yoga and meditation.


Bonus Story: Before my friend Chris had left, he suggested that I put a sign up in my front yard for clients to know where I live. I told him maybe and that I would think about it (to be honest, I was leaning towards no). Well, as my family and I were headed towards Hacienda, we found ourselves behind a truck in South Bend, IN (this is the first time I have ever seen a vehicle advertising this in my entire life) that had printed on the back "Sign Shop- Call this number xxx-xxx-xxxx." The Universe has spoken, there will be a sign titled "The Fabulous Dusten Lyvers" in my front yard.
Yaaaaaas, Universe.

xoxo, Dusten



No comments:

Post a Comment