Sunday, January 1, 2017

Closing to 2016

Looking back at another year, I am amazed at who I am. I am the first in my immediate family to physically go to Grad School (excluding online degrees). I am the first in my family to be able to raise thousands of dollars for nonprofits by using their business as a platform. I can literally track what I've done and see how it has changed the South Bend area. I am so blessed. I am the first in my immediate family to have presented research at a professional conference. All while at 23. I am the youngest person in my family to have a house without a significant other paying the bills. I am the youngest in my Graduate Program in Mental Health Counseling at IU South Bend. I am still the youngest Medium certified by the Forever Family Foundation. I have done so much in my 23 years of living. I would say my greatest accomplishment however had been inspiring others to live their best lives. I receive emails from people saying they have been watching me since I first started posting about my endeavors online, and that they have gained motivation to self-improvement. It is hard. I will not pretend that this all comes effortlessly. I had to be a co-creator with my higher power (I believe in God but I am not here to spout out my beliefs). I had to find my path the hard way. I remember fighting so hard to boost my ego by thinking I wanted to be a medical doctor. Once I said "Fuck it, I am going to do what makes me happy, and what comes naturally," everything started falling into place. There is a way to just "plug in" to what your plan is, and it starts by surrendering, and trusting. I am excited to see what new things are coming this year. I am flying to other states and possible countries for work now, and I have a newly founded responsibility to help out others even more so than I did before. The more you have, the more you give. I try so hard, and it is to be able to offer more to others. I hope people realize that it doesn't matter how you act, how others view you, what your path is, just do what you were intended to do. Hell, I love pizza delivery guys, I love pizza. That pizza man isn't any better or worse than I am, I appreciate him delivering me pizzas! I'm not going out in the cold! lol. Hello 2017. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment